|Photo from: http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/horticulture/dg8464.html
I have not seen this book first hand, apart from the access available on the web.(Chapters are available in PDF format here). I plan to order one straight away.
As stated on their site, these are some of the topics listed:
Inside you will find…
- What can I plant under a black walnut?
- What will grow in alkaline soil?
- What is a good small tree for a boulevard?
- What tree is good for my compacted soil?
- What will grow in dry shade, under trees?
Just thought I would pass along its comprehensive content and give them a shout out - "well done!" Thanks University of Minnesota and the Master Gardeners!